FUNERAL SERVICES AND CORONA VIRUS (COVID 19) UPDATE
Although these are exceptional times, as a family business we wish to re-assure families and our community that we are doing everything possible to continue our services. As a company we have planned and prepared for Covid 19 and stand ready to respond to the needs of our community. Rest assured that we are here to help you when you need us…even in the darkest of times.
We are endeavouring to continue a normal service however we know that at this difficult time you might not be able to have the funeral you were hoping for. For this reason we will be offering our services free of charge to arrange a memorial service or service for thanksgiving for every family who wish to have a service at a later date. As always, we will be with you every step of the way and will make sure your loved one is never forgotten.
However, to keep you and our staff safe we have made the following changes to the day to day running of the business:
- As much as possible we are trying to reduce face to face contact. Our offices will usually be manned but will remain locked. We aim to make most of our funeral arrangements by phone and email. We are available for face to face meetings but only by appointment and only if strictly necessary. In the first instance please phone us to discuss your needs.
- Our phone line will remain operational 24 hours a day and you are welcome to call at any time.
- Sadly, all churches have now closed for funerals so we will be arranging ‘graveside’ burials or cremations for family only with a maximum attendance of 25 people. Please remember, our service includes the arrangement of a memorial service at a later date.
- We are not able to offer limousines for funerals but hearses and pall bearers are available.
- Our usual wide range of options, such as flowers, may be limited at this time.
Once again, on behalf of our family, please rest assured we are here for you and please make contact if you need us.